In 1919 the director of licorice factory, Venco, invented white sprinkles with aniseed flavor as a bread topping. According to the archive of the municipality of Amsterdam, a rough day in autumn brought him the idea: it was hailing. The original recipe of hagelslag can still be found in this archive.
Chocolate factory Venz was the first to produce chocolate sprinkles (chocolade hagelslag) as a bread topping. Hagelslag is pretty common in Holland, Belgium and former Dutch colonies (Indonesia and Suriname)
Hagelslag is only allowed to be called “chocolade hagelslag” if it contains 32% or more cocoa. Venz en Hagelslag De Ruijter are the most famous brands of Dutch chocolate sprinkles. Nowadays hagelslag is available in many different flavors: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate and extra dark chocolate are common. Try these Dutch chocolate sprinkles now!
- Hagelslag De Ruijter: extra dark chocolate sprinkles
- De Ruijter Chocolate Sprinkles Extra Dark from Holland
- Dutch Chocolate Sprinkles are delicious on ice cream, cakes, and pudding
- Hagelslag De Ruijter Extra Dark sprinkles have a very intense flavor
- Order De Ruijter Chocolate Sprinkles Now!